PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Over the past few weeks, some of our readers have received a Sony e507 format error. This problem occurs for several reasons. Let’s get to know them below.
Why does my Walkman say no data?
A NO DATA or possibly FORMAT ERROR message may appear when you discover that a portable drive has been partitioned using the Windows Explorer format utility. To solve this problem, initialize (format) your portable player using the initialization or format utility designed for your Walkman® player.
This message appears when I try to play a track directly on my Walkman® player.
Check if the message disappears after each step. See the instructions for your specific model for more information.Instructions are posted on your support page. Exactly
- do to format or initialize a device using the built-in format or initialize function on your device and then on your computer.
WARNING! This is the risk of loss. FormatiroDeleting the device’s built-in flash memory will usually erase all saved data and settings. Be sure to transfer all your data to a laptop or other device before formatting.
- Press the RESET or RESTART button and place a small object such as disposable tweezers on the reset device.
- If a person is using mains power, they will only be disconnected from the wall for 30 seconds and then reconnect sooner.
- If your device still does not work, unplug it from the power source or unplug it for 30 minutes.
If the problem persists, a repair may be required. Go to the “Repair” section of the product.
How do I format my Sony Walkman mp3 player?
Select [Settings] from the main menu.Select [Reset/Format] Electronics [Format].Follow the on-screen instructions to format the displayed memory.
Error: NO DATA or DATA ERROR Sound message is played
How do I reset my Sony Walkman NW WS413?
Digital Music PlayerNW-WS413/WS414 While pressing the button ( ) around the left flaps ( ) of your Walkman, press and hold the Next button ( ) on the right side ( ) of your Walkman for about 17 seconds. When the reset is complete, the table lamp ( ) on the side ( ) of your Walkman will flash green twice.
A place to find solutions and ask questions
This message appears when I try to play a song on my favorite Walkman®. If
See how the message disappears after each step. Refer to your own manual for specific model information.The guides should be posted in your support area. Exactly
- Format your device or simply initialize it using the formatting or initialization function built into your navigator, not your computer.
WARNING! There is usually a risk of loss. Formatting the built-in flash memory of all devices will erase all saved important information and settings. Be sure to back up all your data on your computer or other device before formatting.
- Press the RESET or RESTART icon with a small object such as a paper clip to reset the device to zero.
- When using AC power, unplug the following devices for 40 seconds and then plug them back in.
- If your device is still not working If it melts, disconnect the power supply or possibly turn off the device for 30 minutes.
If the problem persists, a repair may be required. Go to the Product Repair.Info